We are seeking an energetic Social Media Executive to work in our digital team. The position is based at the head office in Cardiff and the successful candidate will be working to help deliver against strategic objectives.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills and relish the opportunity to take the clients largely untapped social accounts and turn them into something which truly reflects their brand, building excitement and interest in their activity and their sponsors. It is a truly unique opportunity for someone to come in and take ownership of a business area with huge potential. Being totally and utterly sports-obsessed will be a requirement and it will help you to resonate with the audience but importantly you’ll have a complete understanding of how to connect, engage and prompt action from the social consumer. This will be a hands-on role where you’ll be helping to establish a long-term objective, but also have smaller and more achievable goals from day one.
Your responsibilities as a Social Media Executive will include, but aren’t limited to:
- Create a long-term, global social media strategy for the company and the associated sub-brands, proving the worth of the channels by increasing brand awareness, growing followers and driving website traffic.
- Work alongside other areas in the business, such as Media, Content, Design and Performance, to execute the very best content for your channels.
- Introduce new social media channels to the company by being current and ahead of the curve, exploiting the possibilities of TikTok and Twitch as well as further developing Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube.
- Creating a reporting dashboard to highlight the performance and growth of social media activities would be something that we would be keen to develop early in the role to ensure that social media accurately and appropriately represents the wider business and can be reported with accuracy.
- A genuine love for all sports
- Proven experience in developing social media strategies, including setting up channels from scratch, preferably within a sports / charity / agency environment.
- At least 1 years’ experience working within a successful marketing role
- Excellent interpersonal skills, outstanding people skills and the ability to develop strong relationships with a variety of people.
- Self-motivated, energetic and creative mindset, constantly pushing yourself to achieve bigger and better results.
- Excellent copywriting skills and the ability to craft social media posts that influence, engage and prompt action from the audience.
- Highly analytical with the ability to use insight to further develop campaign success.
- Experience in social media scheduling tools and Facebook Business Manager is essential
- Knowledge of Google marketing tools such as Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager is highly desirable
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent)
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com to register your interest.